Sunday, September 5, 2010

Project Creative Space

I've been gathering clippings from pretty magazines and saving images from the Internet for inspiration for my Home Office / Design Studio. I've been somewhat challenged trying to come up with a space that has several different work stations since I do a lot of different projects. Sewing, Jewelry, Desktop Publishing, Painting and Refurbishing yard sale and flea market finds.
All of that needs to fit into a 12x14 room. It's a pretty roomy room but there is so much that happens in there. The far wall has fabulous built in shelves and a window seat that doubles as a storage chest. There is also a 5 foot standard closet.
The room is on the west side of our house and gets lots of natural light. I have decided to play up the brightness of the room by keeping the walls mostly white.
My Daughter and I painted a cork board that I picked up at the Habitat for Humanity second hand store for 3 bucks! If you have one close to you I recommend checking it out. They have everything including the kitchen sink, and it supports a really great cause.
I picked up the "silver" trays at the dollar store. They are perfect little magnetic boards with super cute charm. The flowers at the top of the cork board were left over from my wedding decorations, and it makes me remember that day every time I look at them.
It's most definitely a work in progress, I will post additional pictures as finish them.
I'd love to hear what you think, even better show me your creative space!



No comments:

Post a Comment