Wednesday, August 25, 2010

No place like Home

We have been here for two years now, almost exactly. I love our place. We live on a Culdesac in a neighborhood we call The Village. It's full of families with children the same age as ours. Two of our kids walk to school and the other catches the bus just down the street. My Hubbins office is a mere 10 minute drive. Neighborhood parks are around every turn and everyone here takes pride in their homes. It's a wonderful place to live and work and play.
I love making this house we built into our home. My style has evolved over the years...but I guess the best way to describe it is...gathered. Birds, leopard print anything, vintage everything, antique chandeliers, shabby chic, modern, traditional...I pretty much like it all. I feel that as long as you love it...it goes with everything.
I have been taking it one room at a time...getting a good base set and then moving on to the next space on the list.
 I chose a neutral color called Boston Tea Party and painted the entire first floor and the stairs, landing & hallway upstairs the same color. Its a nice easy going golden wheat color that instantly brings warmth into the space. Being new construction our house lacks the character that so many older homes have. My in-laws home in Sunny SoCal has exposed beams and cathedral ceilings. Stained glass windows and hard wood floors. I love that house, and my in-laws too.
So lacking that built in character means that I get to add it and what a fun task that is turning out to be...just look at these lovely photos that I have borrowed from various places on the web. BHG, Heather Bailey and Pottery Barn all have such bright and cheery home office/studios...
I just love these rooms!!! I'm getting the itch to start on another room...

No comments:

Post a Comment